Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back to School for Mommy

I have decided to go back to school. I'm very excited about this new endeavor. I have become a "foodie." I am using this term loosely - as I love food, and I am trying to love preparing food. I have truly embraced the Weston A. Price philosophy on food and nutrition. So, there is a certification program that focuses specifically on this subject. I just finished my first class and am waiting for my grade...It's so much more fun doing the college thing when I actually have a purpose in mind. I am thoroughly enjoying the content and cannot wait to begin the classes on biochemistry and fats & cholesterol. It's been a great way for me to use my mind as well. And, the recipes I have tried are fabulous!!! The kids are eating everything now...swordfish, lambchops, haddock, chicken livers, scallops, millet, sauerkraut, beets, etc. We haven't had a meal all summer that they haven't finished, and the newest, most favorite dessert for those who eat their dinner is homemade icecream (made with real raw cream and local berries). The ice cream can be made in the Cuisinart 5 minutes before eating (I'll post the recipe, for those of you who have an ice cream maker and rarely use it...you can get healthy ice cream going again without any planning!).

No comments:

Post a Comment